VIDA-PIG is designed to:
1. Identify factors that influence veterinary health management and veterinary drug use practices at pig farms in Bac Ninh province;
2. Review current guidelines for antimicrobial use;
3. Assess contextual dimensions and networks that influence pig health management and antibiotic use;
4. Establish quality and quantity of antibiotic drugs used in pig production;
5.Strengthen local capacity in surveillance of antibiotic use, the prevalence of antibiotic resistance and antibiotic residues in pigs and pork products;
6. Strengthen local stakeholder interactions and communication channels to advance animal health, reduce the use of antibiotics and diminish the spread of antibiotic resistance and residues related to pig production.